[APCLA 2] corpus linguistics at Sydney

Monika Bednarek monika.bednarek at sydney.edu.au
Thu Apr 28 02:47:20 EDT 2022

Dear APCLA list members,

A brief hello and message from Sydney:
Corpus linguistics in Australia continues to grow. At the University of Sydney, I am aiming to further Australian corpus linguistics through the Sydney Corpus Lab:
https://sydneycorpuslab.com/
If you want to get a quick overview of what the lab has been up to in the last few years, I recommend these three blog posts:

2021
https://sydneycorpuslab.com/2021-the-year-in-review-for-the-sydney-corpus-lab/

2020
https://sydneycorpuslab.com/2020-the-year-in-review-for-the-sydney-corpus-lab/

2019
https://sydneycorpuslab.com/looking-back-and-looking-ahead-by-monika-bednarek/

You can also see that the blog posts feature posts by some of my students about their own corpus linguistic projects, mainly in corpus-based discourse analysis. These posts could be helpful for your own students.
We also have made a range of (mainly Australian) corpora available, and you can access these through CQPweb (Sydney server):
https://sydneycorpuslab.com/corpora/

Kind regards,

Monika

Prof. Monika Bednarek | Department of Linguistics
SLAM, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
John Woolley Building A20 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
monika.bednarek at sydney.edu.au<mailto:monika.bednarek at sydney.edu.au>